45-70 Magnum - Lever Gun Ammo - 350 gr. J.F.N.(2,100fps/M.E.3,427 ft.lbs., 20 Rd/Bx
We use only factory stock firearms in recording velocities, so that you get true, actual field velocities with our ammo not exaggerated test barrel velocities
Buffalo Bore 45-70 ammunition is externally identical to SAAMI spec 45-70 ammo, but internally it generates FAR more power and pressure. So, Buffalo Bore 45-70 ammo will fit into ANY 45-70 firearm, but is not safe in every 45-70 firearm. Its use should be limited to the following firearms:
- All Marlin 1895 (1895 Marlins are all model 336 actions, chambered in 45-70) iterations made since 1972
- All Browning 1885 and 1886 copies
- Rossi Rio Grande
- New England Arms Handi Rifle
- T/C Encore
- All falling block actions made of modern steel such as Ruger #1 and #3
- Christian and Persoli Sharps
- All Winchester 1886 iterations made since 1915
- All Siamese Mauser bolt actions.
Never use this ammo in ANY original or reproduced "Trap Door" action as the design is far too weak.
When using Marlin Guide Guns with 18.5" barrels deduct an average of 50 fps from the following charts.
Item 8C - Exterior Ballistics Charts for several Muzzle Velocities
Muzzle Velocity @ 2300 fps for Item 8C
Muzzle Velocity @ 2200 fps for Item 8C
Muzzle Velocity @ 2100 fps for Item 8C
Muzzle Velocity @ 2000 fps for Item 8C
Muzzle Velocity @ 1900 fps for Item 8C
Field Proven rifle and gun ammo. Maximum firepower ammo. Best ammunition for rifles and guns for sale. Buffalo Bore. Strictly big bore. Strictly Business.