||Please note the below info is my personal opinion as a newer pistol owner and long time hunter. i hope i can help some of you that might need an edge one way or the other.
(Ables was great to do business including FFL dealer notification and shipping I recommend them to everyone)
I purchased this pistol along with a Glock 30 (45 ACP) early 2009 and I finally found the time to review the initial 250+ rounds of Remington UMC (for minimal break in) and 30+ Speer Gold Dot (main rounds) - there has not been one misfeed or failure to eject. and i love the gun more now then when i first purchased it.
- Even with less then 1000 rounds of total handgun trigger time (still have a little shake) i can hold a 3" group at 15yrds freestanding (i give credit not only to the accuracy of the gun but the visibility and design of the sights)
- At bench rest i can hold a 2" group at 25yrds
- Tritium night sights (any handgun i own will have night sights on it from now on)
- amazing feel in hand (1/2 the felt recoil compared to Glock 30)
- American Made from american steel including all parts but the springs and magazines (while this did not effect my decision to buy im proud its from the USA)
- the size can be an issue for inside the waistband carry, im a overweight individual and it digs into my waist just enough to be uncomfortable skinnier people might be fine.
- i didnt know 45 ACP ammo is the new gold is it listed in the stock market yet (price)
- this pistol is ideal for home defense (i now have a new found love for tritium sights)
- great for wilderness trecks or camping (outside of waistband carry)
- If you have to go Kimber CDP II for CCW i think Ultra CDP II would be much better suited, my FFL dealer carries the ultra and while i like the feel of the full size the Ultra would be better suited for long periods of carry..
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!]