The Leica Duovid 8+12x42 and the Leica Duovid 10+15x50 are the very first high-end binoculars with switchable magnification. They are built for the hardest use in hunting and they render brilliant images – at great distances as well as in critical, poor light situations. The respective lower magnification of each model provides a steady image and a large field of view with great depth of field. By switching to the respective higher magnification, you are then right close to the goings-on – with an outstanding imaging performance, even with the very smallest details. The balanced weight distribution and the outstanding ergonomic shape of both models provide steady, shake-free viewing.
Leica Duovid Binoculars at a glance:
- Switch-over magnification from 8x42 to 12x42 (Duovid 42) or from 10x50 to 15x50 (Duovid 50)
- High-performance optics for bright, high-contrast images
- HDC™ multilayer coating for maximum light transmission with high scratch-resistance
- ADC™ Automatic diopter compensation when the magnification is switched
- Roof prism system with P 40 layer for slim design and maximum contrast
- Patented removable eyecups with two positions
- Nitrogen-filled die-cast aluminum body for reliable functioning, even in extreme environmental conditions
- Presswater impermeability up to 5 m thanks to complete sealing with O-rings
- Enclosed design With internal focusing for optimum protection of the internal precision components
- Supplied with: Neoprene carrying strap, eyepiece cover and Nappaleather case, tripod adapter (Duovid 50)
These handy Duovids offer a double magnification change. 12x magnification is unique in a premium 42 mm binocular, allowing the user to observe the finest nuances of any image.
LEICA DUOVID 8 + 12 x 42
The compact 42 mm Duovid offers both 8x magnification, with a wide field of view and a shake-free image, as well as a 12x magnification, ideal for discerning additional detail. As with the 50 mm model, the patented eyepieces with two click stops provide optimum eye relief and can be adapted to the needs of the viewer. Changing magnification is done separately for both tubes by turning the two rings. Automatic Diopter Compensation (ADCTM ), the diopter value you set is retained even when changing magnification.