The Leica Duovid 8+12x42 and the Leica Duovid 10+15x50 are the very first high-end binoculars with switchable magnification. They are built for the hardest use in hunting and they render brilliant images – at great distances as well as in critical, poor light situations. The respective lower magnification of each model provides a steady image and a large field of view with great depth of field. By switching to the respective higher magnification, you are then right close to the goings-on – with an outstanding imaging performance, even with the very smallest details. The balanced weight distribution and the outstanding ergonomic shape of both models provide steady, shake-free viewing.
Leica Duovid Binoculars at a glance:
- Switch-over magnification from 8x42 to 12x42 (Duovid 42) or from 10x50 to 15x50 (Duovid 50)
- High-performance optics for bright, high-contrast images
- HDC™ multilayer coating for maximum light transmission with high scratch-resistance
- ADC™ Automatic diopter compensation when the magnification is switched
- Roof prism system with P 40 layer for slim design and maximum contrast
- Patented removable eyecups with two positions
- Nitrogen-filled die-cast aluminum body for reliable functioning, even in extreme environmental conditions
- Presswater impermeability up to 5 m thanks to complete sealing with O-rings
- Enclosed design With internal focusing for optimum protection of the internal precision components
- Supplied with: Neoprene carrying strap, eyepiece cover and Nappaleather case, tripod adapter (Duovid 50)
The Duovids with 50 mm lens diameter and optional 10x or 15x magnification close the gap between binoculars and a spotting scope with their 15x magnification.
LEICA DUOVID 10 + 15 x 50
This Duovid is a high-aperture, high-performance set of binoculars that becomes a mini spotting scope with a simple flick of the wrist. In the 10x position, it offers a steady image with a large depth of field. Changing to 15x allows for a level of detail recognition that was previously reserved for spotting scopes. All of this with using both eyes! Because of its excellent imaging performance, the 50 mm Duovid is especially suited for astronomical viewing, and the necessary tripod adapter is included with the binoculars. The ergonomic form and tactile rubber reinforcement ensure a sure grip - even in wet and with gloves - and for good image steadiness.