The Monarch 5 12x42 (Realtree Camouflage) from Nikon features Nikon's proprietary lead and arsenic free optical-glass formula, known as Eco-Glass which is used for all lenses and prisms in this fine Monarch binocular. All of the air-to-glass surfaces are fully multicoated to ensure maximum light transmission, sharpness, and contrast. The roof prisms are finished with a dielectric coating that enhances the efficiency of the optical system to near perfection. The higher magnification brings those distant objects that much closer.
This easy-to-handle optic is fully waterproof and fogproof, and a tactile rubberized exterior ensures a secure grip at all times. The centered focus knob is fast, accurate, and easy to use. A pair of multi-setting click-stop eyecups and a notable 15.4mm of eye relief allow you to tailor the binocular to suit your needs - whether you're wearing glasses or not.
- AFOV: 55.3°
- Fully multicoated Eco-Glass lenses for enhanced sharpness and clarity
- Dielectric multilayer prism coating delivers extremely high levels of light transmission, excellent contrast, accurate color rendition
- Realtree APG Camouflage
- Nitrogen filled/o-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Durable/protective rubber armoring provides a sure non-slip grip
- Sleek lightweight form factor: excellent ergonomics, easy to carry, durable
Use and Handling
- Center focus knob: fast full-range of focus for quick viewing.
- Click stop eyecups: clear comfortable view with/without sun/eyeglasses
Prism Type: Roof
Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
Angle of View: 5.0°
Field-of-View: 262 ft @ 1000 yd / 86.98 m @ 1000 m
Minimum Focus Distance: 8.20 ft / 2.5 m
Exit Pupil Diameter: 3.5 mm
Eye Relief: 15.4 mm
Interpupillary Adjustment: 56 - 72 mm / 2.20 - 2.83"
Dioptric Correction: Not Specified By Manufacturer
Focus Type: Center
Tripod Mount: None
Dimensions: 5.7 x 5.0 x 2.4" / 14.48 x 12.70 x 6.10 cm
Weight: 21.8 oz / 618.03 g